Welcome to the inaugural year for the IAMCP Women in Technology (WIT) awards where we recognize amazing people who support the WIT community. We have launched 4 awards that recognize Leaders, Mentors, WIT Men and the WIT Chapter of the Year. This is an opportunity for partners and WIT Members to submit on their own or on behalf of a remarkable person to be recognized at the July 2018 award ceremony at Microsoft Inspire Las Vegas.
The WIT network has grown tremendously with over 70 chapters worldwide. The support and incredible best practices prompted the WIT executive board to create this new recognition award series. Our judges from around the world look forward to reading every submission to select two finalists and a winner in each of the four categories.
Our 2018 #WITsUP Award Categories are:
- #WITsUp “Pay It Forward Mentor” Award
Awarded to a woman who believes mentoring, coaching and helping others succeed is at the core of her values. She has mentored several other women of all generations, both formally and informally. She has a strong following of admirers who have benefited from her advice and council.
- This woman has created great initiatives and/or programs that help women and/or young girls to discover their WIT calling. Through her programs, the WIT community has benefited immensely through tangible results.
- #WITsUp “Leadership” Award
- Awarded to a woman who has shown tremendous leadership in the WIT community and/or within her own organization. Her accomplishments and actions speak loudly on her behalf. She has led WIT movements and progress in challenging environments and persevered with the greater mission of diversity, inclusion and equality in mind.
- She has inspired followership within the WIT Community and continues to be highly regarded as a true leader within the Microsoft WIT ecosystem.
- #WITsUp “Man of WIT” Award
- WIT is all about diversity, inclusion and equality. Therefore, we want to recognize a male leader who has stepped up to make a difference for WIT. He has led by example in hiring, pay equity and having the conversation that makes a difference not only in his business but the tech community. He believes in WIT and STEM initiatives for women and more importantly, he takes action to make it happen.
- The Man of WIT recipient is not afraid to discuss diversity publicly and leads by example in his own organization and industry.
- #WITsUp “WIT Chapter of the Year” Award
- Recognizes the Chapter President and her team who have built and fostered a great WIT community. Whether they are giving back thru fundraising, running wonderful local WIT events or programs that benefit the chapter, all are great advancements for WIT that could be celebrated.
“This is such an exciting recognition program for the IAMCP WIT community. It was so difficult to narrow the categories down to only 4 with so many amazing leaders to recognize. Our judges are anxiously awaiting to read the incredible stories for this new program,” said Corinne Sharp, President Sharp Perspective and WIT Executive Board Member
If you are a Microsoft Partner, belong to any IAMCP chapter globally and planning on attending Inspire 2018 in Las Vegas, you are eligible to enter and win. The deadline is Friday, June 15th, so don’t delay.